The health ministry has confirmed the first case of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Bahrain after a Bahraini citizen arriving from Iran was suspected of having contracted the virus, based on emerging symptoms.
The patient was transferred to the Ebrahim Khalil Kanoo Medical Centre for immediate testing, treatment and isolation under the supervision of a specialised medical team, the ministry said in a statement.
The ministry added it was taking further preventive measures to ensure the virus is contained, including monitoring the health of individuals arriving from infected countries for a period of 14 days, in line with international standards set by the World Health Organization (WHO).
Kuwait have also reported three cases on Tuesday morning. According to Kuwait news agency (KUNA) the three just came back from a visit to Iran.
According to Kuwait ministry of health, first person is a Kuwaiti national, 53 years old, while the second is a Saudi national, 61 years old, and the third is for a young man from the the stateless community.
In the statment the ministry said that only the young man, 21 years old, has started to show symptoms, while all three of them are under monitoring.
The Kuwait infections were linked to travelers returning from Mashhad, a Muslim pilgrim site. Iran has so far confirmed 43 cases and eight deaths from the new coronavirus disease.