On the sidelines of the press conference of the “Citizens movement against the Coup d’Etat” which should have taken place this morning, Jaouhar Ben M’barek condemned the exceptional measures adopted on July 25, he also announced the launch of an initiative national policy and a roadmap to put an end to the state of emergency.
In this sense, he called for:
- The organization of early legislative and presidential elections in accordance with the electoral law in force, The imminent return of the parliament
- , Modify the Parliament’s rules of procedure and guarantee respect for discipline within this establishmet
- Complete the establishment of the Constitutional Court, the establishment of the Body for Good Governance and the Fight against Corruption as well as the renewal of the nominations of members of the Provisional Body responsible for the control of the constitutionality of bills (IPCCPL) as well as the other constitutional bodies
- A government of national salvation holding national and constitutional legitimacy as soon as possible.
- This government ought to gain the confidence of national political actors and have credibility at the international level
- The participation of all national organizations and all political actors in the national dialogue
- Set in place political, economic and social reforms ensuring social and democratic stability