Prime minister Hichem Mechichi, chaired, on Saturday, July 17, 2021, the crisis unit at the Ministry of Health, to examine the supply of hospitals.
At the termination of this meeting, it was decided:
- Make all hospitals, public and private, available to the State to deal with the pandemic till the regular rhythm of the oxygen supply resumes.
- Instant transferal of patients residing in hospitals where there is a great lack of oxygen to clinics with enough stock in the same region, or in neighbouring regions.
- Make all the stock available from oxygen suppliers available to hospitals without being restricted to suppliers.
- Set in place the required mechanisms to prevent the recurrence of this crisis by securing supplies.
- Acceleration of the start-up of the oxygen generators recently received by Tunisia, by installing them in the agreed hospitals.
The PM gave his orders to begin the study of the oxygen production project, considering that this project falls within the framework of national health security