In view of the problems encountered in supplying the market with eggs and the growth in the prices of the product in question, the Ministry of Commerce and the Ministry of Agriculture have decided to:
- Fix the maximum profit margin for the wholesale and retail distribution of eggs at 15% and set up a ceiling price for the sale of the 4 units assessed at 1,100 millimes.
- Call on producers to raise the rate of production to accelerate the establishment of the stock for the month of Ramadan 2022
- Invite the diverse stakeholders in the compound feed production sector to revamp the declaration of their activity to the regional trade directorate within a period not surpassing January 31, 2022.
- Call on the actors working in the egg distribution circuits to update their activity with the same management and to communicate copies of their tax identification within a deadline not overextending January 31
- Call the last category to supply the market with eggs and respect the set prices
- Continue to evaluate the rise in prices and implement new measures to ensure the supply of eggs to the market while taking into account the purchasing power of consumers.
The same source called for the measures to come into effect today, January 8, 2022.