- 1 large fresh red bell pepper, roasted (see note), or 1 chopped frozen red bell pepper, thawed
- ½ cup chopped scallions (3 to 4 scallions)
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
- 3 teaspoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (preferably Marash or Aleppo), more to taste
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- 4 to 6 tablespoons fresh bread crumbs
How to make :
- Combine pepper, scallions, lemon juice, cumin, salt, 2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses, ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, 4 tablespoons olive oil and all but 2 of the walnuts in a food processor and purée until mostly smooth.
- Add 4 tablespoons bread crumbs and pulse to combine. If mixture is still too loose to hold its shape, add remaining bread crumbs and pulse again. Season to taste with salt and red pepper flakes.
- Scrape spread into a bowl and make a well in the center with the back of a spoon. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon pomegranate molasses and ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes in the well. Crush the reserved walnuts between your fingers and sprinkle over the top.