In light of what was announced by the national authority for the fight against the coronavirus at its meeting on Wednesday, April 07, 2021, calling on the governors to inflict a curfew from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m, the Ministry of Religious Affairs announces in a press release several measures.
-Prayer continue during the period not covered by the curfew, including Friday prayers.
-Adoption of individual means of protection and uphold the application of the preventive measures given for in the health protocol relating to religious monuments, in particular:
- Perform ablution at home, and proceed to shut down the toilet
- Bring the individual mat
- Wear protective masks
- Respect for the spacing between the ranks of the worshippers
- The Friday premiere sermon is limited to ten minutes.
- Entrance to mosques during the curfew period is restricted to the staff of the place of worship only, to perform their assigned duties and ensure that the call to prayer at the specified times.
- Suspension of all activities in religious monuments, including Koranic lessons.
The Ministry of Religious Affairs called for taking into the record what the regional commissions may decide in the context of monitoring the epidemiological situation.