The government decided, Wednesday, April 28, 2021, in consultation with the scientific commission to battle COVID-19 new measures to curb the spread of infection.
Spokesperson for the Ministry of Health, Nissaf Ben Alaya indicated that the health situation is extremely serious, emphasising that all the indicators are in the red, in particular, concerning the number of infections, deaths and hospitalizations.
It was accordingly decided to keep most of the measures in force from May 3 till May 16:
- Compulsory quarantine for all travellers arriving in Tunisia for 7 days and conducting -PCR test between the 5th and 7th day
- Development of a medical emergency bill to be urgently presented to Parliament.
- Continuation of the suspension of classes except for those concerned by the national exams
- Distance learning in higher education besides the levels concerned by the national competitions.
- Governors are called to lockdown areas where the level of propagation is high.
- Prohibition of the use of closed spaces of cafes and restaurants. Customers should only sit on the terrace while upholding the distancing measures.