Tunis Survey, a leading expert in online surveys and digital studies, has just issued the results of its Popularity Barometer of the three presidents.
The barometer is based on a self-administered online survey which took place from May 21 to 30, 2020. It intends to measure Tunisian internet users satisfaction with the performance of the 3 presidents: Kaïs Saïed, Rached Ghannouchi and Elyes Fakhfekh.
This is the fourth wave of the barometer, the first three ones were characterised by dissatisfaction with 2 out of the 3 presidents, particularly Kaïs Saïd and Rached Ghannouchi.
During the third wave, PM Elyes Fakhfakh was the sole one out of the three presidents to still had the sympathy of respondents with 69% satisfied versus 75% in the second wave.
For this fourth survey, the current sample number after screening include 2,194 respondents.
Here below the principal results of the 4th wave:
Results showed Tunisians discontent with the performance of the 3 presidents. Elyes Fakhfekh dropped and shifted to unpopularity alongside the 2 other presidents:
- The first place on the unpopularity podium, as usual, is scored by Rached Ghannouchi with growing unpopularity of 82% of respondents who showed dissatisfaction with the Speaker of the House of People’s Representatives (HPR).He lost 2 more points of dissatisfaction compared to the third wave.
- Kaïs Saïed scored second place with 54% of respondents displaying dissatisfaction. He lost 1 popularity point ;in comparison to the third wave were he earned 53%.
- Elyes Fakhfekh sharply dropped by losing 20 popularity points. The prime minister went from 69% satisfied to 49%. The popularity of Elyes Fakhfekh consequently fell by an impressive 26 points after a peak in popularity during the second wave of 75% of satisfied respondents.
Lack of confidence and the absence of a program are the principal reasons for dissatisfaction:
- For Rached Ghannouchi: 79% of the dissatisfied attributed the absence of trust in him. The percentage was 74% and 76% during the third and second wave respectively.
- For Kaïs Saïed: 61% were dissatisfied because he flies blindly.
- For Elyes Fakhfekh: 51% of respondents are dissatisfied with his performance. The main reason for 47% is that he has no program( He is flying blind) .
The full analysis can be ordered at www.tunisia-survey.com.