Tunis Survey, a leading expert in online surveys and digital studies, has just published the results of its Popularity Barometer of the three presidents.
This barometer is based on a self-administered online survey which took place from June 26 to July 03, 2020. It aims to measure Tunisian internet users satisfaction with the performance of the 3 presidents: Kaïs Saïed, Rached Ghannouchi and Elyes Fakhfekh.
This is the fifth wave of the barometer.
During the third wave, PM Elyes Fakhfakh was the single one out of the three presidents to still had the sympathy of respondents with 69% satisfied versus 75% in the second wave.
In the fourth wave, Elyes Fakhfakh lost popularity and slipped into unpopularity alongside the other 2 presidents.
For this fifth survey, the current sample number after screening include 1466 respondents.
Here below the main results of the 5th wave:
Tunisians are still dissatisfied with the performance of the 3 presidents. The popularity of Elyes Fakhfekh is dropping dramatically, he placed second in the podium of unpopularity after Rached Ghannouchi.
- Rached Ghannouchi still maintains his first place in the unpopularity podium with 82% of dissatisfied respondents ,precisely the same rating as in the fourth wave.
- Second place on the unpopularity podium now goes to Elyes Fakhfekh, who has lost a supplementary 12 popularity points. The prime minister went from 49% satisfied to 37%. Between the 3rd and 2nd waves, Elyes Fakhfekh’s popularity declined 32 points with a total of 63% dissatisfied.
- Opposed to the other 2, Kaïes Saïed is the most popular president. The president of the republic demonstrated almost the identical rate during the 4th wave with 53% of respondents who said they are dissatisfied.
Lack of confidence and the absence of a program are the principal reasons for dissatisfaction:
- For Rached Ghannouchi: 76% of dissatisfied credited the absence of trust in him . The percentage was 74% and 76% during the third and second wave respectively.
- For Elyes Fakhfakh: 51% of respondents are satisfied because they do not trust him. The main reason for 40% is that he has no program( He is flying blind).
- For Kaïs Saïed: 60% were dissatisfied because he flies blindly.
The full analysis can be ordered at www.tunisia-survey.com.