The presidency of the government declared, Monday, February 15, 2021, the appointment of five interim ministers in the portfolios of Justice, State Domains, Agriculture and Youth and Sports, reads a press release by the Presidency of the government.
They are Mr and Mrs:
- Hassna Ben Slimane: Minister of Justice
- Mohamed Boussaid: Minister of Industry and Energy
- Ahmed Adhoum: Minister of State Domains and Land Affairs
- Mohamed Fadhel Kraiem: Minister of Agriculture
- Sihem Ayadi: Ministry of Youth and Sport.
The Minister of Health, who was due to resign from the government team, was eventually retained in this time of the health crisis, pending the inauguration of the new ministers.
The press release evokes that the dismissal of ministers Mohamed Boussetta, Salwa Sghaier, Kamel Deguich, Leila Jaffel and Akesa Bahri and the appointment of interim ministers is simply a provisional action pending “the finalization of the procedures for the cabinet reshuffle. “.
On January 26, 2021, the eleven ministers proposed by prime minister Hichem Mechichi obtain the confidence of Parliament. Since then, Head of State Kais Saied has categorically declined to receive them to take the oath.