An 18-year-old teenage boy was transported to Siliana regional hospital on Wednesday morning after suffering Methanol poisoning after drinking tainted homemade alcohol (cologne containing a large quantity of toxic methanol) , Regional helath director Mohamed Farjawi told the TAP agency.
Kamel Ajmi, director of the Siliana Regional Hospital, said the boy’s condition is “stable and under medical supervision”.
For its part, a security source told that the young man from Gaâfour consumed this drink after purchasing it from a food store.
The youngster went to the hospital to prevent complications from this drink. He was then carried by ambulance to the regional hospital in Siliana.