UN: Israel’s ban on Guterres another ‘attack on UN staff’

Israel’s decision to declare United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres persona non grata and ban him from entering the country is “one more attack on UN staff that we’ve seen from the government of Israel,” Guterres’ spokesperson Stephane Dujarric said on Wednesday.

“We saw this announcement this morning, which we see as a political statement by the [Israeli] Prime Minister [Benjamin Netanyahu],” the spokesman noted.

Earlier in the day, Israeli Foreign Minister Israel Katz said that he decided to ban Guterres from entering Israel for failing to “unequivocally condemn Iran’s criminal attack,” accusing him of hating Israel and backing terrorists.

 

What's happening in Tunisia?
Subscribe to our Youtube channel for updates.

Top 48h

Copyright © 2019 Tunisie Numerique

To Top