The Covid-19 coronavirus outbreak is a new illness and scientists are still assessing how it spreads from person to person, but similar viruses tend to spread via cough and sneeze droplets.
WHO offered some standard recommendations for the general public to reduce exposure :
- Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw the tissue away immediately and wash hands.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever and cough.
- If you have a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your health care provider.
- Thoroughly cook eggs and meat
- avoid direct unprotected contact with live animals and surfaces in contact with animals.
If you notice any symptoms call SAMU: 190 or call the provided 80101919