Australia’s government and institutions are being targeted by ongoing sophisticated state-based cyber hacks, Prime Minister Scott Morrison says. Mr Morrison said the cyber attacks were widespread, covering “all levels of government” as well as essential services and businesses.
He declined to identify a specific state actor and said no major personal data breaches had been made. The attacks have happened over many months and are increasing, he said.
The prime minister said his announcement on Friday was intended to raise public awareness and to urge businesses to improve their defences. But he stressed that “malicious” activity was also being seen globally, making it not unique to Australia. Investigations into the hacking attempt would continue, along with talks with Australia’s allies – Mr Morrison discussed the issue with British PM Boris Johnson overnight.
“Those who are engaged in this are not doing this to help us. That’s certainly not their intention,” he said.
“You could describe it as malicious – and that is why our awareness levels need to be raised.”
Source:(BBC)
The fourth edition of the "Baccalaureate Forum" concluded today in Béja, after nine days of…
During a ceremony marking the 25th anniversary of the passing of Habib Bourguiba in Monastir on…
The parliamentary group of the Justice and Development Party (PJD) has raised concerns regarding the…
In a recent official statement, the National Order of Physicians of Tunisia has called on…
The Tunisair flight TU999, scheduled to depart from Nice at 16:35 (French time) on April…
The New York Times has released a video showing the killing of aid workers in…
This website uses cookies.